Monday, April 7, 2008

Philly to much at home for the Pen’s

Montreal became the number one seed in the east yesterday by virtue of the Pittsburgh Penguin’s loss to the Flyers in Philadelphia. The flyers beat the penguin’s 2-0.

This will ensure a first round match-up with the Ottawa Senator’s for the penguins. They met in the first round last

year. Ottawa took that series and if they get Fisher and Alfredson back from injury, I think Ottawa will win the series again this year.

The other match-ups in the east will be, Boston at Montreal, Boston has not beaten Montreal all year and I don’t expect them to start now. Montreal has to much team speed and depth for the bean towners.

The New York Rangers face off against the New Jersey Devils; this will be the longest series in my view with the out come determined by Martin Brodeur. The Rangers have more skill players than New Jersey but with Brodeur anything can happen. I think the Rangers will come through in 7 games.

Philadelphia at Washington. Washington has played great hockey down the stretch and I don’t see them quitting now.

Bruce Boudreau has had them playing solid hockey since he took over behind the bench and is my pick for coach of the year. Washington should win this series in 6-7 games.

Tomorrow I will preview the western conference.
Sincerely Walt Webb

No comments: